There are number of vacancies for Raceday positions for the 2019 season.
There are staff positions available in many areas, and the racecourse maintains a list of individuals who wish to work on these days each year.
Please complete the application form below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Fiona Witty, The Racecourse, York, YO23 1EX. We will keep your application on file until there is a suitable vacancy then we will write to you inviting you to work.
Britbet Betting Operators
A new betting company launched in summer 2018. We are a partnership set up by the majority of British racecourses in order to provide betting to racecourse customers and other racing enthusiasts.
Role duties for a Betting Operator on a raceday;
- You will use the betting machines to take bets from customers (training provided on system)
- You will pay out winning bets for customers who show a winning ticket
- Provide excellent customer service to racegoers
- Cash handling and cashing up at the end of each raceday
- Possibly dealing with difficult customer issues and if unable to provide support, be confident to ask your manager for help
- Explaining bet types to customers (training provided)
Work Placement Positions
York Racecourse offer two work experience places for the summer each year, one based with the outdoors team and one with the office team. Work programmes and experience is based around the placements interests and the needs of the business. These are allocated at the end of February for the summer ahead. Applicants should be aged over 17 and send their CV, period of availability to be on a placement, areas of interest and reason for applying for one of these positions to Jane Richardson (email@example.com).
Raceday and Non-Raceday Catering and Banqueting Services
These are carried out by York Racecourse Hospitality, a joint venture between York Racecourse and CGC Events Limited.
For part time positions in food, bar services, back of house and event management contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2876387.