York Racecourse is seeking an experienced gardener to support the Grounds Team during our busy summer season. Candidates must be available from the end of March through to September and hold a full, clean driving licence.
The successful candidate’s role will include the following duties:
- Plant propagation, irrigation and weeding
- Assisting in transportation of plants from the greenhouses (based off site) to the racecourse
- Assisting the Grounds team on racedays
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Adrian Kay (email@example.com).
York Racecourse races 18 days for the 2018 season, for details of the upcoming racedays please refer to the homepage. For each of these days there are positions in many areas and the racecourse maintains a list of individuals who wish to work on these days each year.
There are number of vacancies for Raceday positions for the 2018 season. Please complete the application form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sophia Monkman, The Racecourse, York, YO23 1EX. We will keep your application on file until there is a suitable vacancy then we will write to you inviting you to work.
Marketing Manager - Fixed Term: Maternity Cover
York Racecourse, one of the world’s leading flat racecourses, plays host to c. 350,000 racegoers in addition to some 700 different non-racing events each year. This progressive, independent racecourse seeks to deliver the best in prize money, facilities and raceday experience.
We are now seeking a pro-active Marketing Manager to work with the Head of Marketing and Sponsorship and Marketing Executive across the areas of, marketing, public relations and customer service in order to increase revenue and customer group satisfaction. This is a maternity cover vacancy and as such the appointment will be made on a fixed term basis (anticipated 1-year).
The successful candidate in this role will work to develop then deliver all marketing plans and activity, as follows:
· Advertising and promotional activity
· Delivery of our digital and social media strategy
· Manage and develop closed user group sales
· Assume responsibility for specific defined projects and campaigns to ensure that they deliver against agreed target
· Consumer PR activity
· Marketing aspects of roll out of GDPR
You will be able to demonstrate:
· Significant relevant experience in a comparable environment (ideally racing, sports, destination or venue)
· Academic ability, educated to graduate level or equivalent
· Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
· Appropriate understanding of the digital landscape & Social Media platforms
· Accurate administrative skills
· Ability to deliver in a high pressure environment as part of a high performing team
· Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and York Racecourse
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme. This represents an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional who will relish the chance to play a key role within an award-winning, landmark venue.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
Quoting reference number CND-T534 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Work Placement Positions
York Racecourse offer two work experience places for the summer each year, one based with the outdoors team and one with the office team. Work programmes and experience is based around the placements interests and the needs of the business. These are allocated at the end of February for the summer ahead. Applicants should be aged over 17 and send their CV, period of availability to be on a placement, areas of interest and reason for applying for one of these positions to Jane Richardson (email@example.com).
Raceday and Non-Raceday Catering and Banqueting Services
These are carried out by York Racecourse Hospitality, a joint venture between York Racecourse and CGC Events Limited.
For part time positions in food, bar services, back of house and event management contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2876387.