This page was updated at 11am Wednesday 18th March 2021.
Thank you for the continuing support as Annual Badgeholders at this challenging time for racing as both a sport and major employer.
Please click here for the message sent to all Annual Badgeholders on 26th February 2021.
In line with current Government regulations, the Office is working at reduced capacity, though some of the team have access to email and main phone messages, remotely.
The positive direction set out in the "roadmap" of 22nd February is welcomed. It will need a period of reflection to best respond in regard to specific racedays, as they will operate slightly differently as various "steps" are reached. The overlay of roadmap dates to the York season, as well as other updates, can be found in the "Latest News" section of this website. Thank you for your patience in this regard.
Unfortunately and with much regret, the Dante Festival has been confirmed as operating to "step 2" protocols, meaning it will be staged "behind closed doors", without a paying crowd. The ITV team will broadcast four races a day and further information will be provided to Annual Badgeholders to allow them to view all the action on Racing TV. We hope a further call on the generous support of the members of scheme will permit a credit towards the 2022 subscriptions in recognition of this disappointing news.
in brighter news, general admission for the twelve racedays that fall under "step 4" (no sooner than 21st June), have gone on public sale. Racegoers can book for racedays from Friday 9th July through to the end of the season.
Within this roadmap, it is acknowledged that some of the details for how venues can operate, at the relevant steps, requires further development. Racing and York Racecourse will play their part in this consultation.
Existing members of the Annual Badgeholder scheme, who generously "rolled over" their 2020 subscription, remain to the fore in our thinking.
There is also an awareness of those former members of the scheme who missed 2020, more details will follow for those supporters.
We are looking forward to brighter times and to sharing the action with you, in the hoped for better circumstances of Summer 2021.
For now, we continue to wish everyone the very best of health.
In a typical year, Annual Badgeholders receive the following benefits –
• 18 days of high quality flat racing action including the Dante and Ebor Festivals with 30 black type races
• Use of the exclusive Nunthorpe Suite with its unrivalled view over the finish, full cash bar, cash buffet, tote betting and toilets*
• Use of the VIP Lawn Bar near the new Weighing Room*
• Use of premier car park D
• Complimentary racecard every day
• Rebate of £40 when booking the Ebor, Voltigeur,The Parade Ring Restaurants or a Box Package; please note this will be passed only to the person who paid for the original booking. Junior Annual Badgeholders will qualify for a £15 rebate on the same basis. All rebates settled after the raceday.*
- Annual Badgeholders opting to use the Tailor Made Box Badge Option, will be provided with free access to that box.*
• Discount of £5 for the Melrose Club Lounge and Premier Racing Lounge, as well as discount of badge price.*
• A family member can join you in the Nunthorpe Suite on Family Sunday for just £13.00, a 50% discount on the daily County Stand badge rate
• Invitation to our Annual Badgeholder event
• Invitation to the Ebor Preview Evening
• reciprocal racedays*
• Reciprocal admission to Yorkshire County Cricket Club*
• Complimentary weekday access to Living North Fairs in spring and autumn.
• Earn Rewards4Racing loyalty points on online subscriptions
*These benefits remain subject to Covid -19 protocols and any resultant amendments to room capacities and service styles.
To apply to become an Annual Badgeholder please contact Debbie Shirt - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 683936. (Please note these contacts will be monitored remotely during any period of national or local lockdown, though your patience is much appreciated.)