This page was updated at 8pm Monday 14 June.
Thank you for the continuing support as Annual Badgeholders at this challenging time for racing as both a sport and major employer.
It was our pleasure to welcome back so many of you on Saturday 22 May and again June. The action was certainly competitive. As things continue to be a little different, for reasons beyond our control, thank you for your understanding as we adapt to the challenges imposed by the Covid legislation.
For a copy of the email sent out on 7th June 2021 please click here.
The Code of Conduct and Experience Guide for the June Meeting can be found here.
Please click here for the letter that is being sent out to Annual Badgeholders from w/c 26th April 2021 onwards.
In line with current Government regulations, the Office is gradually returning though still working at reduced capacity, some of the team have access to email and main phone messages, remotely.
The positive underlying direction set out in the "roadmap" is welcomed. As the events of recent weeks culminating in the announcement on 14 June se4ve to confirm, it will need regular review to best respond in regard to specific racedays, as they will operate slightly differently as various "steps" are reached. The overlay of roadmap dates to the York season, as well as other updates, can be found in the "Latest News" section of this website. Thank you for your patience in this regard.
Consequently, Annual Badgeholders will be able to attend on all four July racedays, Detailsof their operation will be provided nearer to the specific racedays.
Wider Government advice and best practice, as applicable at the time of the racedays will be followed, as required.
To respect the elite sport provision that has allowed racing to operate since June last year, what is termed "the green zone" will remain.
Racegoers can book for racedays from Friday 9th July through to the end of the season.
Within this roadmap, it is acknowledged that some of the details for how venues can operate, at the relevant steps, requires further development. Racing and York Racecourse will play their part in this consultation.
Existing members of the Annual Badgeholder scheme will remain to the fore in our thinking.
We are looking forward to brighter times and to sharing the action with you, in the hoped for better circumstances of Summer 2021.
For now, we continue to wish everyone the very best of health.
In a typical year, Annual Badgeholders receive the following benefits –
• 18 days of high quality flat racing action including the Dante and Ebor Festivals with 30 black type races
• Use of the exclusive Nunthorpe Suite with its unrivalled view over the finish, full cash bar, cash buffet, tote betting and toilets*
• Use of the VIP Lawn Bar near the new Weighing Room*
• Use of premier car park D
• Complimentary racecard every day
• Rebate of £40 when booking the Ebor, Voltigeur,The Parade Ring Restaurants or a Box Package; please note this will be refunded only to the person who paid for the original booking. Junior Annual Badgeholders will qualify for a £15 rebate on the same basis. All rebates settled after the raceday.*
- Annual Badgeholders opting to use the Tailor Made Box Badge Option, will be provided with free access to that box.*
• Discount of £5 for the Melrose Club Lounge and Premier Racing Lounge, as well as discount of badge price.*
• A family member can join you in the Nunthorpe Suite on Family Sunday for just £13.00, a 50% discount on the daily County Stand badge rate
• Invitation to our Annual Badgeholder event
• Invitation to the Ebor Preview Evening
• reciprocal racedays*
• Reciprocal admission to Yorkshire County Cricket Club*
• Complimentary weekday access to Living North Fairs in spring and autumn.
• Earn Rewards4Racing loyalty points on online subscriptions
*These benefits remain subject to Covid -19 protocols and any resultant amendments to room capacities and service styles.
To apply to become an Annual Badgeholder please contact Debbie Shirt - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 683936. (Please note these contacts will be monitored remotely during any period of national or local lockdown, though your patience is much appreciated.)