York Racecourse extends a warm welcome to children, young racegoers and adults to enjoy racing on the Knavesmire.
Five Reasons why York Races should be your next family day out
- Value for money, children under the age of 18 are admitted free, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (on music racedays, terms & conditions apply).
- Fun for every family member, the thrill of the racing action on the track is a great day out making memories
- Music Showcase Weekend, our racing and music events in July offer a little extra entertainment; top quality action on both the track and the live music stage.
- Welcome to Yorkshire Ebor Festival, our oldest, richest, fastest, and most famous races provide sporting excellence combined with fashion and fun over four fabulous days, popular with students celebrating exam results. Junior badges are available in County Stand to encourage the next generation of racegoers. Please note proof of age is required and we operate a “Challenge 21” policy across all bars and a “Get a Band, Get a Beer” scheme in conjunction with North Yorkshire Police.
- Family Sunday, fun for all including seven thoroughbred races and a host of activities for all the family.
Under 18’s Admission
Children under the age of 18 are admitted free, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (on music racedays, terms & conditions apply) into all public areas (maximum of 2 children per adult).
Junior (18 – 22 years) Admission
Admission for juniors can be booked in advance by clicking here.
Junior concessions are for collection on the day of racing only, as proof of age is required, those requesting this concession must provide formal supporting documentation: a UK driving licence, government issued ID card or passport are acceptable. The age used is that on the day of racing.
Baby Changing: Baby changing facilities are located in each enclosure, outlined by our interactive course guide.
County Stand – Ground floor of the Ebor Stand – to the right of the big screen above the Jubilee Bar.
Grandstand & Paddock - Situated on the ground floor of the Knavesmire Stand opposite the cash points with two further sites in the perimeter buildings behind the stand.
Clocktower Enclosure – Located in the permanent buildings close to the turnstiles.
Parent and Toddler Room: Located in the Marble entrance, providing a dedicated area allowing parents and children a rest from the main raceday atmosphere, with child supplies and entertainment. Please note children must be supervised at all times.
Where to Eat: There are many food and drink options for families and children which are outlined in our food guide.
Dress code for children: The County Stand dress code does not apply to racegoers under 16, although many like to take the opportunity to wear their party outfits.
If you have any more queries please don’t hesitate to contact the team by email [email protected] or telephone (01904) 620911. Alternatively, on a raceday any of the York Racecourse staff will be pleased to assist.