Located on the second floor of the Melrose Stand with its own balcony looking over the Home Straight, the Lounge was opened to much acclaim in May 2010.
There are only 200 places each day and the smart yet relaxed ambiance seems to have struck a chord with many regulars at York.
It offers the perfect touch of luxury for a family occasion and has seen Silver Weddings and graduation congratulations enjoyed.
The atmosphere makes it ideal for entertaining business guests at the races when a smaller party or more informal style is appropriate. If you are wanting to bring a party of ten then the Ebor restaurant is well worth considering (please call the team on 01904 638971).
It is important to note that the informal nature and lounge style means that seating arrangements are casual, using sofas, armchairs, stools and poseur tables. The Lounge offers a chance to mingle with your fellow racegoers and does not have reserved seats.
As well as enjoying all the benefits of County Stand admission, a Melrose Club Lounge Badge will include:
- Exclusive use of the Melrose Club Lounge itself with a balcony offering prime viewing across the home straight as well as a splendid conservatory that overlooks the Edwardian Weighing Room.
- There is private lift access and tote betting facilitiy.
- Yorkshire Tapas (canapés and lite bites) where local and seasonal ingredients are prominent.
- Light Afternoon Tea.
- Credit card account on the bar throughout the day.
"Everything was fabulous, we were in the Melrose Lounge which was great. The staff were all so attentive polite & happy. Food was amazing. Well done York" First Saturday 2016
"The Melrose Club Lounge was fantastic. The staff were so attentive and so pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The food was amazing, the drinks were good value. We had a great view of every race from the balcony. Thank you for a brilliant day" John Smith's Meeting 2016
* For a full list of prices by raceday please click here.