Located on the second floor of the Melrose Stand with its own balcony looking over the Home Straight, the Lounge was opened to much acclaim in May 2010.
There are a maximum of 200 places each day. The smart yet relaxed ambiance seems to have struck a chord with many regulars at York.
The atmosphere makes it ideal for entertaining business guests at the races when a smaller party or more informal style is appropriate. It also offers the perfect touch of luxury for a family occasion and has seen Silver Weddings and graduation congratulations enjoyed.
If you are wanting to bring a party of ten then the Ebor restaurant is well worth considering, please call the team for our other restaurant offers on 01904 638971.
As well as enjoying all the benefits of County Stand admission, a Melrose Club Lounge Badge will include:
- Exclusive use of the Melrose Club Lounge itself with a balcony offering prime viewing across the home straight as well as a splendid conservatory that overlooks the Edwardian Weighing Room.
- There is private lift access and tote betting facilitiy.
- Canapés and Yorkshire Tapas, served to your table.
- Light Afternoon Tea.
- Credit card and cashless account on the bar throughout the day.
"Everything was fabulous, we were in the Melrose Lounge which was great. The staff were all so attentive polite & happy. Food was amazing. Well done York" First Saturday 2016
"The Melrose Club Lounge was fantastic. The staff were so attentive and so pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The food was amazing, the drinks were good value. We had a great view of every race from the balcony. Thank you for a brilliant day" John Smith's Meeting 2016
-Melrose Club can be booked in advance and will only be available on the day subject to availability.
-Consistent with the informal lounge style bookings are limited to 10 people per party.
- Any cancellation within twenty-one days of the raceday will be refunded the County Stand badge element only. The Melrose Club Lounge top-up will be refunded if the cancellation is made twenty-one days prior to the raceday. Covid-19 related refund policy still applies.
- York Racecourse reserves the right to withdraw the Melrose Club Lounge to new bookings or amend the price for new bookings at any point.
- Standard terms and conditions of entry still apply.
- In the unlikely event that the Melrose Club Lounge is not available on any given day then booked customers will be given the option of a full refund of the fee or transfer to another facility.
- Please note under 5's attend for free and children between the ages of 5 to 12 attend for £50 (racegoers in this age bracket are not charged an admission when accompanied by a paying adult). 13 to 17 years are required to pay the Melrose Club Lounge top up price. Please note there is an additional £10.00 charge per child for our music events. Please telephone the team to book your place for younger racegoers on 01904 620911.
* For a full list of prices by raceday please click here.